Emigration Festival Programme -
Utvandrefestival Kvinesdal 28. juni - 06. juli 2014.
Saturday June 28 - Knabendagen
The old minig community in the mountains
- Guided tour in the mines
- Race for children and adults.
- Sing with us at the chapel.
- 9 pm - Dance / party in the gym at the local school.
Sunday June 29. - Fjotlandsdagen
The community by the lake, Fjotlandsvatnet
- Country concert With Ann Kristin Ekeland and band
- Skit "Language influence from America"
- Play With Tønnes T. Kvinlaug and Ole Bertin Helle
- Sale of local traditional Food, displays, games and much more.
- For more info www.fjotlandrosa.no
Monday June 30 - UTSIKTEN ARTCENTER
6 pm - Summerconcert in the tent - official season opening of Førlands Musuem.
Tuesday July 1. - Movie night - Cultural Center, Åmot
Emigraton Festival 25 years. Lars Emanuel Egeland has documented events throughout 25 years
of the Emigration festival. The film will be shown at 7 pm. Free entry.
Wednesday July 2. - Rekefest - Feda
The Village by the Fjord
Shrimp festival at 7 pm at the local clubhouse
- Lillemanns Trio band
- Ådne Fardal Klev speaks
- Tickets can be bought at the door - kr. 200,-
Thursday July 3. - Cultural Center, Åmot
An evening of Song and Music at 7:30 pm
The following will be performing
Wenche Hunsbedt Svindland
Theis Bernt Sandvik
Anne Lise Myren Nilsen med musikere
Margrethe Frank Stenvik
Apell av Kåre Stussdal
There will be food
Arr: Kvinesdal Menighet og Kirken i Dalen
Friday July 4. - Cultural Center, Åmot
Cultural Evening and Get together after, starts at 7 pm
- Martin Sjekkeland is the host and will speak of his book "Dialect-country"
- Bjøro Håland will be entertaining
Following Movies will be showing
- 6 PM - DRAGONHUNTER
- 8 PM - EDGE OG TOMORROW
- 10 PM - TRANSFORMERS: AGE OG EXTINCTION
Saturday July 5. - Bygedag in Liknes
Various events during the day in Liknes.
- Third place winner of Idol - Steffen Jakobsen country artist
- Elise Orre and Aksel Teistedal
- Kvinesdal Photoclub shows pictures taken in the community
4 - 6 pm - Informal get together Brooklyn Norwegian on Facebook group
Emigration Fest in the Evening at Kvinesdalhallen
8 pm - Sunde Brother sing / play musikk from the 50, 60 and 70`s. Dinner, cake and coffee.
Tickets can be bought at Lyngdal Helsekost, Nico Mat Kvinesdal or Gunvald Bauge, tlf. 38 35 48 08, kr. 400,-., at the door kr. 450,-.
Bus transportation from Vanse busterminal, at 6:30 pm, Farsund busterminal 6:40 pm, Lyngdal busterminal 7 pm. The Return trip from
Kvinesdal is 01:15 AM. For reservations Call Ellinor Marie P. Nordli, tlf. 38 39 08 56.
Sunday July 6. - English/Norwegian Church service
in Kvinesdal Church
The Mayor invites you on a walk on one of the many trails in Kvinesdal.
Lister Utvandrermuseum Festival opening hours : Saturday June 28, Sunday June 29, Tuesday July 1, Wednesday July 2, Thursday July 3, Friday July 4 and Sunday July 6 from kl. 13-17.00 . Saturday July 5, from kl 12:00 - 16:00.
The museum tells the emigration story from theLister region from 1850 to the post-war period in Brooklyn.